One of the coolest and most innovative bands the UK has produced for ages!
Squid was formed while studying at Brighton University and consists of Ollie Judge (vocals, drums), Louis Borlase (vocals, guitar), Anton Pearson (guitar), Laurie Nankivell (bass) and Arthur Leadbetter (keyboard). Their live performances soon attracted the attention of press and audiences, who were charmed by their unique sound, somewhere between post-punk and krautrock, with occasional psychedelic touches.
Squid will play at AB on 7 September. Tickets are still available and can be found here.
Last week, they released their second album 'O Monolith' and these are the loving words from the press:
- The English band’s second album explores big questions with a bucolic, open-ended new sound. Where once they surged forward, now they wander. (7.3 on Pitchfork)
- Squid – ‘O Monolith’ review: a monument to daring artistic growth - Bolstered by a newfound sense of self-confidence and appreciation for melody, the five-piece's more experimental second album reveals more of itself with each enchanting listen (**** NME)
- Dansen als een funkzombie op het manische nieuwe album van Squid (★★★★☆ De Volkskrant)
- Squid - 'O Monolith' album review: an impressively layered display of maturity (Far Out Magazine)
- Plus audacieux que jamais, le quintette anglais a façonné un univers magnétique impressionnant de maîtrise. (Lesinrockuptibles)