All data that we obtain through our cookies is used to understand your use of our website, with a view to improving its performance, functionalities and user-friendliness, as well as to enable interaction with social media. This way we can also provide you with better information and send you (personalised or other) advertisements.
What is a cookie?
Sorts of cookies
Cookies can be classified according to their origin, their function and their lifespan.
- First-party cookies are technical cookies that ensure that our website functions properly. This increaeses the quality of our services.
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are placed by a domain name other than that of our website. If a user visits a website and a third party places a cookie through that website, then this is a third-party cookie. For cookies placed by third parties, we would like to refer you to the statements that these parties provide on their respective websites. Please note: we have no influence whatsoever on the content of those statements nor on the content of the cookies of those third-parties.
Amongst others, the first- and third-party cookies can be further divided into:
- Essential or Strictly Necessary Cookies are (as their name indicates) necessary to make use of a website, to offer certain features you have requested, and to provide secure identity verification;
- Functional cookies are cookies that ensure that the website functions as it should. They contain information about your choices and preferences on our website (e.g. cookies to remember a log-in or registration, your language preference, products in your shopping cart). Logically, Functional cookies are first-party cookies.
- Non-functional cookies are cookies that can be placed for statistical, social, targeting and commercial purposes. They have nothing to do with the purely technical support of the website. Non-functional cookies can be first-party or third-party cookies.
- Cookies for statistical purposes allow, amongst other things, the checking of which pages of the website you visit, where your computer is located, etc. (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Hotjar).
- Cookies for social purposes make it possible for the user to share the content of the website visited directly with others via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube).
- Cookies for targeting purposes allow a profile to be built based on your surf behaviour, so that the displayed advertisements are tailored to your personal interests (Facebook).
- Cookies for commercial purposes keep track of how many and which advertisements were shown to a user (Google Ads and Bing ads).
Cookies can also be categorized according to their lifespan:
- Permanent cookies: These cookies remain on the user’s device for the duration specified in the cookie. They are activated every time the user visits the website that placed this cookie (e.g. Cookies placed by social media such as Facebook, Google Analytics etc). Most non-functional cookies are permanent cookies.
- Session cookies: These cookies allow us to simplify and link a user’s actions during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser screen and ends when they close the browser screen. Session cookies are placed temporarily. As soon as you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted. Most functional cookies are session cookies.
Our website makes use of functional cookies and similar technologies to, amongst other things, distinguish your user preferences from those of other users of our website, display the website in your preferred language, remember the person logged in, etc. This helps us to offer you a better user experience when you visit our website and allows us to optimise our website.
Specifically, we make use of the following functional cookies:
|PHPSESSID||Session cookies||These cookies are deleted after the page is closed.||Remember the user’s preferred language, keep the logged-in session|
|SERVERID||Session cookies||These cookies are deleted after the page is closed.||Necessary for the server load balancer, optimal distribution of visitors at peak times|
In principle, cookies and similar technologies don’t allow the systematic collection of data that could identify users of our website. They only help us to improve how our website works, to understand what interests our users and to measure how effective the content of our website is. However, the following data, which qualify as personal data, can be collected, stored and used by cookies:
- Information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, the date and time of your visit to our website, the internet address of the website from which you opened the link to our website);
- Other information that you choose to send us (e.g. when you ask us for information);
- Personal details that you supply us with when registering, paying and/or for the delivery your order (your last name, first name, address and e-mail address).
Our website also makes use of various sorts of Non-functional cookies (both First- and Third-party types) for statistical, social, commercial and targeting purposes. Specifically, our website uses the following Non-functional/ Third-party cookies:
|Google Analytics||Third party||https://policies.google.com/privacy||Through these cookies we get more information about the number of visitors, the visitor sessions, and through which channel our website was visited.|
|Google Ads and Custom Audiences||Third party||https://policies.google.com/privacy||We use the Google Ads tag to show you relevant advertisements while your surf.|
|New Relic||Third party||https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/browser/new-relic-browser/page-load-timing-resources/new-relic-cookies||Through these cookies we receive more information about the real-time status of the application in order to guarantee quality at all times.|
|Hotjar||Third party||https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy/||These cookies provide us with more information about the manner in which our website is used, in order to improve it.|
|Facebook pixel and Custom Audiences||Third party||https://www.facebook.com/policy.php||We use the Facebook pixel and Custom Audiences for targeting purposes. This way we can show you more relevant advertisements.|
|TikTok pixel||Third party||https://www.tiktok.com/legal/privacy-policy-eea||We use the TikTok pixel for targeting purposes. This way we can show you more relevant advertisements.|
|Snap pixel||Third party||https://snap.com/en-US/privacy/eea-uk-privacy-notice||We use the Snap pixel for targeting purposes. This way we can show you more relevant advertisements.|
We ask for your explicit permission for this, which you can of course refuse. Please note that such a refusal may affect your experience when using our website.
Delete or disable cookies
Do you have further questions?
Then you can always contact us at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.