Ancienne Belgique is a vibrant music temple in the heart of Brussels with a passion for young talent and established names. Niche and mainstream. Adventurous and genre-transcending.
Through some 400 concerts and projects per year, we try to give more than 300,000 visitors an unforgettable evening. All this is managed by a motivated team of some 60 employees. To strengthen the hospitality team, we are looking for a ‘Bar Manager’.
- You will be a part of AB’s permanent hospitality team. Together with four fine and experienced colleagues, you are responsible for an impeccable service at the various bars in AB.
- On concert nights, you manage the bar team (students of volunteers). You ensure a good team spirit and clear working agreements.
- You prepare the bars for concert nights so that our audience can be served smoothly. After the concert, together with the bar team, you ensure that the bars are properly cleaned up.
- You brief bar staff on safety guidelines and report any incidents to the security manager. You are alert for offensive behaviour amongst the audience and know how to respond correctly.
- You attend monthly team meetings. You evaluate the concert nights and make suggestions for optimal bar operation.
- You have experience in the hospitality sector.
- You are familiar with managing a team. You enjoy taking on a responsible role.
- You are enthusiastic, customer-oriented and a strong planner.
- You have an open communication style.
- You are prepared to do regular evening and weekend work (on average 3 evenings/week).
- You speak the languages of the city: Dutch, French, and English.
- You live in Brussels.
- Part-time contract of permanent employment (24 hours) as of 1 January.
- Salary according to the scale of Joint Committee 304
- Reimbursement of travel on public transport between home and work, meal vouchers, group- and hospitalisation insurance, 13th month, year-end bonus and numerous fringe benefits.
- Ample training opportunities.
- A challenging job in a great team. ❤
Send your letter of motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org up until 24 November 2023.
The first round of interviews will take place on Tuesday 28 November.
AB is open to any candidate and selects based on competence and talents only. We aim to operate in an open and inclusive manner that reflects Brussels itself: in the audience, on stage and within the AB team.