The entire cultural sector groans under the weight of the corona virus. On Studio Brussel we read the extremely interesting report ‘Corona infects Belgian music’. This three-part article covers the impact of corona on the cultural sector and how we can best support our artists (and cultural institutions). And that is important. Always, but especially now.
These are things you can easily do to support your favourite artist or concert venue:
- Buy albums by your favourite artist via your local record store / Bandcamp or the band’s webshop
- Buy concert tickets! All concert venues are struggling. Concerts are being cancelled or postponed. Be sure to get to the postponed shows. New concerts are also being announced. Don’t be scared away. Remember, music is the answer!
- Summer is coming: there are so many great band t-shirts. Which cool t-shirt will you colour the beach of Ostend with or visit the Ardennes in? How? Check the artists’ own webshops!
- Spread music via the ‘net! Moral support is priceless.
- Buy concert cheques! Always a great gift, and currently crucial for the cashflow of your favourite ‘boite’