Launched in 2014 and co-financed by the European Commission, the Liveurope Platform enables concert venues to book more European bands and to collaborate internationally. Since the start of the activities, more than 2300 European concerts have benefited from the support of Liveurope in the member venues of the platform.
To continue developing Liveurope and to make sure that the activities are visible to the public and to the international music community, an extremely motivated and very professional team is required in its coordination unit based in the internationally renowned venue Ancienne Belgique, one of the founding members of the initiative.
This is why we are looking for a Communications Officer (f/m/x)
Responsibilities/ Job description
- You oversee and implement the project’s communication strategy: you design innovative campaigns to disseminate the values and role of Liveurope in the European cultural landscape.
- You manage the implementation of the project’s communication strategy with all 16 members: you develop relevant toolbox for the members to highlight the Liveurope branding in all 16 venues.
- You manage the Liveurope communication tools (website, social media accounts) and ensure a constant interaction with the Liveurope venues through all social media channels.
- You are in charge of the relationship with media (press invitations, press releases, media partnerships).
- You monitor the Liveurope programming results and ensure their proper dissemination through all relevant channels.
- You are responsible for the follow-up and smooth implementation of European sponsoring partnerships.
- You provide light administrative support to the Liveurope team (e.g. preparation of meetings and events).
- You are an information point for music professionals in 16 European countries.
- You have 1 to 4 years of experience - in online communication, digital marketing, community management, cultural projects and/or European projects.
- You are passionate about live music and cross-border cooperation.
- You are proactive and can work independently under tight deadlines.
- You are well organized, work accurately and have an open manner of communicating.
- You are fluent in English (native level): you are ready to interact exclusively in English at work and you are capable of writing creatively about music, Europe and international cooperation.
- Preferably, you also speak French and/or Dutch.
- You have previous CMS and website management experience and strong notions of Photoshop and Indesign
- You are based in Brussels or ready to move in Brussels immediately
- A full-time permanent contract of employment starting from March 2020
- Payment according to the relevant scale of PC304 (Belgian employment regulation for music venues).
- A number of extralegal benefits: meal vouchers, end-of-the-year bonuses, Group and hospitalization Insurance, phone subscription.
- Regular travelling, including music festivals and professional conferences throughout Europe.
- Daily professional interaction with 16 European concert venues, based in an internationally renowned concert venue
- Place of employment: Ancienne Belgique (AB), Brussels.
Liveurope wants to reflect Europe as fully as possible. Ethnic/cultural minorities are encouraged to apply. Selection will take place based upon competence, irrespective of origin or sex. AB is a forerunner in the area of ecology and sustainability within the cultural sector. Environmental considerations form an essential part of all our decisions.
Send your cover letter and résumé/CV exclusively to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org until February 4 2020.
The interviews will take place in February 2020. Invitations will be sent to pre-selected candidates in the first days of February.